CAPTAIN & FIRST OFFICER - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We recommend you read the Frequently Asked Questions carefully before submitting any questions as no reply will be given to the questions already mentioned in FAQ.
If you cannot find what you’re looking for, you can contact the relevant Pegasus Recruiter by selecting the relevant application reason through the contact box .
You can check Pegasus Careers Web Page to find out more about open positions.
Pegasus Airlines only accepts online applications through Pegasus Cockpit Applications page.
- On the application form, you’ll be asked to upload a picture, Flight Crew License (both sides), Medical Licence (both Sides), Logbook (last 2 pages), Passport (first 2 pages including the information page) and a detailed CV on your aviation career.
- There should be at least 3 months to the expiration of your A320/B737 Type Rating and Medical License – Class 1 and at least 1 year to the expiration of your passport otherwise your application will not be submitted.
During the active recruitment periods the average turnaround time is 7-14 business days to the applicant who fulfill the minimum requirements.
- Online Application through Pegasus Cockpit Applications page.
- Document check (you’ll be asked to provide a list of documents for precheck by Flight Operations)
- Interview (Prior to interview, original documents check will be done by Flight Operations Responsible on spot) (Interviews are hold by Recruiter and/or Recruitment Psychologist with Captain/s from Flight Operations and/or Flight Academy)
- SIM Assessment (at the HQ of Pegasus Airlines)
- Flight Safety Record Evaluation (you’ll be asked to provide a letter from your most recent/current company)
- Recruitment Committee Evaluation
If you fail at any stage of your evaluation, you can re-apply for a 2nd and last time after 3 months.
- Part Time Contract (25 Days): that requires 3 months full-time work a year and 25 days’ work a month including legal OFFs (Excluding annual leave). Average monthly flight is around 31 sectors.
- Part Time Contract (22 Days): that requires 3 months full-time work a year and 22 days’ work a month including legal OFFs (Excluding annual leave & only available for Captains). Average monthly flight is around 29 sectors.
- Part Time Contract (15 Days): that requires 3 months full-time work a year and 15 days’ work a month including legal OFFs (Excluding annual leave & only available for Captains). Average monthly flight is around 23 sectors.
- Private Health Insurance: Pilot, who works as a permanent employee, is provided with a private health insurance from day 1 in the Company. In the case the spouse and children reside in Turkey, they are also included in the insurance, but it can only be used in Turkey.
- Life Insurance: Pilot, who works as a permanent employee, is provided with a life insurance from day 1 in the Company.
- Loss of License Insurance: If the pilot requests; company will make Loss of License insurance and Life Insurance.
- Family Ticket: Pilots, spouses, children, and parents benefit from discounted tickets. Foreign pilots are given a free round-trip ticket to their country once a month. (Valid for Pegasus flights)
- Multinet (Meal Card): According to Duty Time, payment calculation is done and is loaded on multinet cards.
- Accomodation: Pegasus provides accomodation to pilots who doesn’t reside in ISTANBUL during the first six months of their employment. We also recommend you a company helping you with your adaptation and Orientation in Istanbul (services as wide as renting an apartment and a Bosphorus site seeing).
- Shuttle: Before and after the flight, our pilots can benefit from the shuttle which is a door to door service.
- Fuel Assistance: For our pilots who prefer to go by their own vehicle, fuel assistance and parking assistance are provided
To the Attention of All Candidates:
- The information / documents requested for employment do not limit the conditions of employment. Pegasus reserves the right to make changes in the processes. The final decision on recruitment belongs to Pegasus.
- The aforementioned decisions may vary depending on Pegasus' periodical recruitment needs.
- There will be no return to the questions which are in the Frequently Asked Questions section. Therefore, we recommend that you read the Frequently Asked Questions section carefully before submitting any questions.
Children aged 3–6 cannot travel unless they are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. The “unaccompanied child” procedure is applicable to children aged 7–12 who are travelling alone. Please contact our call centre on 0888 228 12 12 for more information.
Plese select less than 9 passengers.
Please enter same number of infants as the adults
Sistemlerimizde yaşanan teknik bir aksaklık nedeniyle biletleme ve Online Check-in işlemlerimizde problem yaşanmaktadır. Online Check-in işleminde problem yaşarsanız, lütfen uçuşunuzdan 3 saat önce havalimanında olunuz.
We are experiencing problems in our ticketing and online check-in systems. If you have any problems while doing online check-in, please plan to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight.