Before you go to the airport, you can make an extra baggage request at lower prices for the extra kilos that will take you over the free baggage allowance.
|DOMESTIC TURKEY/CYPRUS||There is no sales package.||15 KG||20 KG||25 KG|
|INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS||8 KG Hand Luggage||20 KG||20 KG||25 KG|
Hand baggage is the luggage you carry onboard the aircraft with you. Each piece of hand baggage must not exceed the dimensions 20 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm or weigh over 8 kg. Passengers are responsible for items that are forgotten, mislaid or damaged inside the aircraft.
Wouldn’t you like to benefit from the extra advantages that come with choosing the Pegasus Flight Package that suits you best?
For any excess baggage that exceeds the free baggage allowance limits, you can purchase excess baggage allowance up to 4 hours prior to your flight, at the rates specified in the general rules section on the flypgs.com website, which will be lower than the charges at the airport.
You may purchase your excess baggage allowance when purchasing your ticket, and you may also purchase a seat after you have purchased your ticket, by clicking on the '"Travel Services > Flight Services > Additional Baggage" option on the main menu of the flypgs.com website, and providing your Booking Reference Number (PNR) and your surname.
If the weight of your baggage exceeds the total baggage allowance, you can make a payment for the difference in kgs at the airport.
Free baggage allowance for our baby passengers under 2 years of age, is limited to 10 kg. No excess baggage allowance can be purchased for our baby passengers.
EU Regulations and Duty-Free Applications for the Transportation of Liquids and Gels Due to the risks posed to aviation security by passengerstravellingwith goods in a liquid or gel consistency, the new Duty-Free Applications of the EU and UK Civil Aviation Authority Hand Luggage Transportation Regulations valid as of November 6, 2006, are listed below.
FLUID FOOD CARRIAGE (OLIVE OIL etc…)
Transportation of OLIVE OIL, MOLASSES, HONEY on board Pegasus Airlines is possible provided that is accepted in scope of dangerous goods regulations to prevent leakage that could damage or hazard the aircraft. OLIVE OIL, MOLASSES, HONEY will not be accepted on an Pegasus Airlines aircraft unless all the conditions stated below are met:
European Union Regulations and Duty Free Applications for the Transportation of Liquid-Gel Goods
· Goods that are liquid or of a similar consistency (gels, lotions, creams, toothpaste, sprays, and deodorants) can only be transported with the passenger in small quantities and in small packages.
· Each package has the limit of 100ml. The limit per passenger is 1 L and the bag should be visible with easily be opened. Transparent bags are to be removed by the owner of the hand luggage at security check points, shown to security personnel and put through the x-ray machine.
· The transparent bags need to be of the type generally used in freezers, which can be opened and resealed and which prevent leakages.
· Goods such as medicines and baby food are permitted to be transported in their own packaging but passengers need to remove them from their hand luggage and show them to security personnel at security check points.
These regulations are valid for international flights departing from Turkey. These regulations have been applied at Antalya Airport since April 15, 2009. The application of these regulations will be initiated on October 1, 2009, at Izmir Adnan Menderes, Milas Bodrum and Dalaman Airports and on January 1, 2010, at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport. Transparent bags can be obtain from the check-in counters or from designated points in the airport
Duty-free shopping practices at the terminal and in flight in the terminal
· Stores will use specially stamped, transparent plastic bags for any items they sell. Store personnel need to place the receipt for the goods detailing sales information (the date and place of purchase) inside the bags so that this information can be read from the outside without opening the bag.
· The transparent bags belonging to the store must be sealed by store personnel and the passenger under no circumstances may open these bags until their final destination.
Passengers purchasing goods from stores not following the regulations set out above risk having their items confiscated at security check points.
On flights with three stops or transit flights
(There is no differentiation between country or city. For example: AYT/ZRH/MUC/AYT or AYT/LNZ/SZG/AYT)
This information needs to be provided to passenger at the check-in stage at the latest prior to passing through to the departure lounge. Necessary studies are being carried out in order to devise various solutions in order to actualize this.
· There is no limit on passengers purchasing liquid goods from duty-free shops in countries that are not EU members, including airports in Turkey, when they land at the airport of the first leg of their journey. (ZRH and LNZ in the above example).
· However, passengers who have purchased items at duty-free stores in countries that are not EU members, including airports in Turkey, and who are to disembark at the second destination (MUC and SZG) will have their liquid goods confiscated by customs or security personnel and passengers will be forbidden from boarding the plane with these goods. Items that are not liquids or gels must also be transported in a transparent bag displaying a sales receipt detailing the item, and the bag must be closed with an unbroken seal. Bags and goods that do not adhere to these conditions will also be confiscated.
The aim of this precaution taken by EU member states is to prevent security risks stemming from goods that have been purchased in countries that are not EU members prior to the departure of a flight from one of their airports. Although it is less likely, if the passenger has bought their items in an EU country or from an EU country’s airline then the passenger can transport the bags with them as long as the necessary conditions have been met. The necessary conditions remain the same: A transparent bag with the sales receipt detailing the sale inside and a seal closing the bag that is unbroken.
Implementing the procedure on transit flights and flights consisting of three legs
· This information needs to be provided to passenger at the check-in stage at the latest prior to passing through to the Departure Lounge.
· The Duty-Free Sales Announcement will be as outlined in paragraph D. Passengers departing from a national airport for the first leg (for example: AYT/ZRH or AYT/LNZ) and who are to disembark at the first destination will not be sold duty-free goods at all.
Due to new rules set out by the ICAO and ECAC, air passengers travelling from March 1, 2009, will be subject to restrictions regarding liquids permitted to be carried in-flight in cabin luggage.
It is strictly forbidden to carry any cutting, piercing or harmful objects in the hand baggage including knives, pocket knives, scissors, razors, knitting needles etc. and they can only be placed in the checked baggage. These items may get destroyed and therefore may not be returned to the owner should they be discovered during an inspection by the security officers. Pegasus Airlines are not liable for the loss of any such items.
Hazardous substances are those which can cause harm to the health, security, and property of others during air transport. Baggages which contain hazardous substances are subject to national and international regulations. These cargos must be appropriately declared and what is contained in the hazardous substances must be clearly indicated.
Due to security reasons, these items cannot be carried in restricted areas or on board:
1. Any kind of weapons, guns, all sorts of firearms (pistols, six-shooters, revolvers, rifles, all grooved guns, all kinds of objects which may cause injuries or which have the capacity or which appear to be able to shoot off ammunition, counterfeit and imitation firearms, components of firearms (except for telescopic vision devices), air guns, balling guns, flare guns, starter's pistols, all kinds of toy guns, ball bearing guns, industrial rifle mechanisms, nail guns, bows and arrows, bricoles, catapults, spear guns, spears, pikes, underwater rifles, hunting guns and other guns to numb animals, stun guns, knockout guns, electroshock devices, ballistically managed energy guns (laser), lighters in the form of firearms,
2. Sharp and pointed items which may cause injury such as weapons with pointed/sharp edges, sharp/pointed tips, sharp objects, axes, arrows, dart arrows, hooks, clamps, hook bars, crooks, iron bars in the shape of crooks, mountaineering crampons, crampon nails, spears, lances, pick axes, diggers, fold away pocket knives made from any length metal or any other metals including the ones with ritual, religious or hunting functions and powerful enough to be used as potential weapons, flick knives, lock knives, broadswords, meat cleavers, machetes, shaving razors, except for those when the sharp end is hidden in cartridges and/or except for disposable ones open razors and shavors, swords, bayonets, sword canes, lancets, bistouries, scalpels, surgical knives, scissors with any sharpness, skiing and walking sticks, poles, throwing stars, signal flares, drills, cutters, augers, screwdrivers, screwdriver or drill bits, fitters, wire cutters, nippers, tailor's cutters, multi-functional knives and pocket knives, repair and maintenance tools which may transform into a sharp and pointed weapon including all kinds of saws, screwdrivers, jimmy bars, levers, cranks, crowbars, crowfoots, clawhammers, hammers, mallets, pliers, needle nose pliers, pincers, nippers, spanners, adjustable spanners, blowtorches, soldering tools, underwater torches etc.
3. Although they do not have sharp or pointed edges or ends, tools which may cause injury, tennis rackets, baseball bats, softball bats, hard or elastic golf clubs, batons, all kinds of canes, bars, sticks, truncheons, clubs, (thick and short batons covered with leather around the flexible shaft),
4. maces, crooks, walking sticks, sticks, cricket bats, hockey and hurley sticks, lacrosse clubs, skiboards and canoe oars, skateboards, snooker cues, billiard cues, fishing rods, iron knuckledusters, sticks, truncheons, martial arts equipments such as daggers or swords,
5. Items which threaten human health, posing a risk to the safety and security of the aircraft and its contents and/or passengers and the cabin crew: explosives, inflammable and combustible materials such as ammunitions, munitions, explosive capsules, caps, detonators, detonating cords, igniters, smoke bombs, fuses, explosive substances and devices, fake, imitation or duplicate explosive materials and devices, military explosive supplies such as mines, hand grenades, gases such as butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen and their containers, fireworks, all kinds of signal flares and other pyrotechnic ammunitions, insecure matches, metal or tin tobacco boxes or cartridges, inflammable liquid fuels such as petrol/gasoline/diesel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray canisters, turpentine, terebentine, oil of turpentine, thinners, inflammable liquids such as paint thinners, alcoholic drinks with more than 70% alcohol rate,
6. Chemical and toxic substances which threaten the human health posing risk to the safety and security of the aircraft and contents and/or passengers and the cabin crew: abrasives like mercury and chlorine which are contained within thermometers, fluid type batteries, acid, alkalines, detergents like bleach and whiteners, narcotic or knockout sprays such as pepper sprays, tear gases, radioactive substances such as medical or commercial isotopes, any contagious or biologically hazardous substances such as infected blood, bacteria or viruses, except for the ones kept within the requirements of the aircraft's emergency action plan and fire protocols, materials like fire extinguishers which might catch alight or heat up on its own due to oxidation.
The following items may not be carried in the checked baggage which passangers hand in to the cargo hold:
Easily flammable, inflammable, abrasive, poisonous, oxidant, explosive, radioactive, contagious, self-ignitable, reactive, substances which pose hazard when moistened and compressed gases, organic peroxides and Hazardous Items which contain these substances and other materials which are subject to inspection, explosives, capsules, detonating cords, caps, fuses, igniters, hand grenades, mines, propanes and butane gases, inflammable liquids such as gasoline, petrol, methanol, methyl alcohol and inflammable fluid substances and devices and tools like camping gas cylinders which contain these substances, inflammable solid substances, reactive items such as magnesium, firewood, fireworks, signal flares, sparklers, bleach, whiteners, oxidants such as repair equipments for car bodies, organic peroxides, rat poisons, poisonous or contagious substances like infected blood, radioactive substances including medical or commercial isotopes, mercury, car batteries, abrasives like vehicle fuel system components which contain fuel CANNOT BE CARRIED.
It is extremely dangerous to carry these substances on-board. For more information, please see the table below, or contact our call centre or passenger service staff for a detailed explanation of our conditions of carriage.
ATTENTION: All sharp objects inside checked baggages must be securely and safely packed in order to safeguard ground services personnel and other members of staff.
ATTENTION: Explosives such as paints, fireworks, firework crackers, items which have internal combustion engines such as power saws, model aircrafts, lawn mowers, radioactive substances may not be carried either as hand baggage on board or as checked baggage in the cargo hold!
Note: It is forbidden to carry spill able power wheelchairs on Pegasus Airlines.
AVIH(S) Animal in hold over 8 kgs up to 15 kgs
AVIH(B) Animal in hold over 15 kgs
BBAG Baby Bag
DIVE Diving Equipment
GAEX Oversized & overweight hand baggage which is controlled at gate (depart from Turkey&N.Cyprus to International points)
GAXB Oversized & overweight hand baggage which is controlled at gate (depart from International points)
HUM1 Human remain
HUMC Human remain child/
PETC Animal in cabin up to 8 kgs
SPEQ* Special Equipment
SKI ** Ski
SURF *** Sailboard
UMNR Unaccompanied Minor(Children 7 (included) to 13 (excluded) years of age who are not accompanied by an aircraft by a parent)
WCHC Wheelchair for cabin seat(Wheelchair which assists to your seat with safety conditions)
WCHR Wheelchair for cabin ramp
WCHS Wheelchair for steps
*Portable tools and materials accepted as SPEQ are Surf Team, kites, canoeing, hang-gliders, paragliding, Shotgun which for is Sports, fencing materials and the fishing equipment.
** The SURF group includes equipment for all types of surfing such as windsurfing, kiteboarding and ocean surfing.
***Winter sports equipment such as skiing and snowboarding gear is included in this group.
One golf set consists of 14 golf clubs, 24 balls and one pair of shoes. Valid for maximum 20kg.
For guests wishing to travel with golf or ski equipment sets; any additional sets carried within the same bag will be subject to fees which are calculated according to the Pegasus Airlines’ Special Baggage and Equipment rates for the specified flight route.
Golf and ski equipment will be charged per piece, as applies for other special baggage items.
Sporting and competition firearms are subject to carriage fees
As with all private baggage, items of golf and ski equipment are chargeable per piece. Golf equipment in excess of 20 kilos will be charged per kilo at the excess baggage rate of that route, in addition to the rate per piece.
Such items as footballs and basketballs do not need to be deflated and can be carried onto the aircraft as they are.
• Free hold baggage and additional baggage allowances of our passengers vary depending on their ticket package type. On domestic flights free hold baggage allowance of Essentials Package is 15KG, free hold baggage allowance of Advantage Package is 20KG and free hold baggage allowance of Extra Package is 25KG. Free hold baggage is not allowed for Basic Packages on international flights. Free hold baggage allowance of Essentials Package is 20KG, free hold baggage allowance of Advantage Package is 20KG and free hold baggage allowance of Extra Package is 25KG. Our passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance through web, mobile, the call centre, authorised travel agencies or at the airport, on top of their additional baggage allowance.
• You can find out more about the new Basic Package which is designed for passengers who travel on international flights only with hand baggage, here. Basic Package does not have free hold baggage allowance and it can only be bought through flypgs.com.
• Where passengers with connecting flights purchase additional baggage allowance they are required to keep their receipts showing the relevant purchase until they reach their destination.
• Our passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance at the time of purchasing their tickets or 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure time through our website, mobile, the call centre or authorised travel agencies with up to 60% discount. If you wish to carry additional weight (kg) on top of your baggage allowance included in your flight ticket package, you can purchase additional baggage allowance 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure time through our website, travel agencies, mobile app or the call centre. If there is less than 2 hours before your scheduled departure time, you can make a payment at the airport.
• Baggage allowance for all babies under the age of 2 years is 10 kg.
• If the baggage weight (kg) to be carried is less than the extra baggage weight (kg) allowance purchased before, no refund is given for the additional weight (kg) purchased. If purchased weight (kg) is less than the actual weight, a payment is made for the weight (kg) difference according to additional baggage fees applicable at the airport. The price tariff is shown below.
• No weight (kg) purchase is allowed for babies.
• If there are multiple passengers on the PNR, separate baggage allowance must be purchased for each passenger.
• Purchased weight (kg) allowance is not transferable to anyone else.
• Purchased weight (kg) allowance is automatically transferred to the new flight when existing booking is changed. If applicable, price difference is either collected or refunded.
• In case of flight cancellation, amount for the purchased weight (kg) is automatically refunded. Purchased baggage weight cannot be refunded without cancellation of the flight.
• For our passengers who purchased Advantage Package and Extra Package, their additional baggage allowance included in the package will be added to their free hold baggage allowance free of charge. If passengers who purchased Advantage Package and Extra Package would like to purchase additional baggage allowance on top of their additional baggage allowance, they can do this through our website, mobile, authorised travel agencies, the call centre or at the airport. Please click for additional information on Advantage Package and Extra Package
• For passengers who purchased Basic Package for international flights on flypgs.com, baggage fee for up to 20kg is EUR 5 or equivalent local currency if bought through our website, mobile, the call centre or authorised travel agencies and EUR 8 or equivalent local currency at the airport.
• For journeys with international to international, international to domestic and domestic to international connecting flights, if baggage allowance is bought through our website, mobile, travel agencies or the call centre, the fee is calculated as a total amount for two separate sections of the journey. For purchases at the airport the fee is calculated with 20% discount of the total airport fees for two separate sections of the journey.
• For journeys with international to domestic and domestic to international connecting flights, free hold baggage allowance for international flights is applicable for the whole journey.
Please report any lost or damaged luggage, providing any documentation requested, at the appropriate airport's Lost Luggage Office, administered by Ground Services, before leaving the arrivals lounge and on the same day that the luggage has been lost or damaged. As airlines cannot take full responsibility for luggage, please carry any important items in your hand luggage.
- Breakable or decayable items, electronic devices, musical equipment, medicines, valuables (money, jewellery, commercial or valuable documents, passport, ID cards etc) and dangerous items (firearms, ammunition, chemical substances etc) should not be placed in luggage. The carrier is not responsible for the loss of or damage to such items.
- Guests travelling together but with different PNR numbers on their reservations must make this clear in the report for loss or damage to their luggage so as not experience any problems. No responsibility can be accepted if a guest cannot show a luggage label in his/her own name.
- Pegasus Airlines is not responsible for lost, damaged and forgotten items by guests on aircraft.
We recommend that guests take out private travel insurance. Please do not forget to attach a fully complete luggage label to all your luggage.
You will be able to track the status of your lost baggage online. Lost luggage can be tracked via this link:
Guests whose luggage is not returned should go on the same day to the Lost Luggage Office, administered by Ground Services, at the appropriate airport before leaving the arrivals lounge with the following:
PNR number, flight ticket, boarding card
Identification (proof of identity, passport)
All of these should then be kept safely by you along with the Lost Luggage Report (PIR). The search for your missing luggage will then commence via WorldTracer, the global luggage tracking system used by most airlines.
To find out the latest on your lost luggage, please visit the Track Baggage page in the Fly With Pegasus section on http://www.flypgs.com/en/ .
A report will be filed by the appropriate Ground Services within 5 days with any news of your luggage. Luggage found will returned to you in the shortest amount of time possible.
If your baggage has not been found in searches by the Central Lost and Damaged Baggage Department in 21 days, we kindly request you to send the information and electronic copies of the documents detailed below so that Pegasus Air Transport A.Ş procedures can be followed.
1. Lost Luggage Report
2. PNR number, flight ticket, boarding card
3. Luggage label
4. List of items in your luggage
5. Your bank account number, account-holder's name and surname, name of bank, BIC - Swift code and IBAN
6. Your email address
Guests whose luggage has been damaged noticeably should go on the same day to the Lost Luggage Office, administered by Ground Services, at the appropriate airport before leaving the arrivals lounge with the following:
· PNR number, flight ticket, boarding card
· Luggage label
· Identification (proof of identity, passport)
All of these should then be kept safely by you along with the Damage Report. If luggage damage is not noticed immediately, application should be made in writing to the carrier within 7 days of travel as stipulated by the regulations and with proof that the carrier has caused the damage. Applications made later than the time stipulated will not be legally valid.
In line with Pegasus Airlines' guidelines, electronic copies of the following documents and information should be provided:
1. Damage Report
2. PNR number, flight ticket, boarding card
3. Luggage label
4. Receipt for the luggage's repair or original receipt for the luggage's purchase
5. Your bank account number, account-holder's name and surname, name of bank, BIC - Swift code and IBAN
6. Your email address
7. Luggage brand and model
Important Reminder: Pegasus Airlines cannot be held responsible for the following types of damage to luggage:
minor abrasions, holes or tears
light amount of damp or wetness
damage to the luggage's wheels, handles, straps or zips resulting from the type of
luggage used, existing damage on the luggage, inferior quality or defective luggage
damage caused by items not packed well enough (fragile items) or by excessive
items categorised as LRT (Limited Release Tag):
Tel : 00 90 850 250 0 737
WEB (Write to us): http://www.flypgs.com/en/contact/write-to-us.aspx
This is the baggage taken onto the plane by the passengers. One hand baggage of 20 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm, with maximum weight of 8kg is allowed. It is not possible to add the hand baggage allowance to the hold baggage allowance.
If there is no room in the cabin for these items, then they will be stowed in the hold and carried as checked baggage.
Pegasus Airlines is not responsible for items left behind by guests on aircraft.
The following are allowed to be carried on board without extra cost :
a. One hand bag suitable for traveling,
b. One overcoat, shawl, scarf or blanket,
c. One bag of duty-free shopping,
d. One umbrella (except those with pointed ends) or walking stick,
e. One baby carrycot or pushchair (can be placed in cargo),
f. One small camera or telescope,
g. Books and magazines to be read during the flight,
h. Collapsible wheelchair or pair of crutches (to be placed in cargo,
ı. Baby food and carrycot to be used during the flight
j. One laptop computer
This is baggage that is registered to the passenger ticket in exchange for a baggage label, and is entirely the responsibility of the carrier.
The contents of the baggage should comprise clothes.Valuable documents and jewelry, electronic goods, and items that can leak or break should not be placed in baggage.
Pegasus Airlines is not responsible for carry-on baggage.
In accordance with EU regulations, the maximum weight limit per piece of baggage is 32 kg.
-If hand luggage of Guests who depart from one of non-Turkey destination with Pegasus Airlines, is determined as oversized or overweighed at boarding gate, 50 € shall be charged for it by loading under the aircraft.
- If hand luggage of Guests who depart from one of Turkey destination with Pegasus Airlines, is determined as oversized of overweighed at boarding gate, its weight is added onto checked baggage and excess collection shall be applied according to regarding route’s rate in case there is excess weight.
In accordance with the procedure based on the National Civil Aviation Security Programme and approved by the General Directorate of the Maritime Ministry, the Turkish Ministry of Transport and Communications and Civil Aviation, if a prohibited item is detected in any item of hold baggage, the baggage in question may be opened, even if the owner is not present, for security scanning purposes or to ensure safety following such scanning, in the presence of the police, private security guards, and in the case of international flights, of customs officers and the airline company or its representatives, in which case the process will be recorded by CCTV cameras, and the passenger will be liable for any damages incurred if the baggage is locked.
Please check that there are no prohibited or dangerous articles in your baggage.
For your own safety, please prepare your baggage by yourself, or supervise its preparation. When you are packing your baggage, please check all sealed boxes, packages and all packaging. Do not accept any item belonging to someone else, or an item to pass on to another person.
Children aged 3–6 cannot travel unless they are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. The “unaccompanied child” procedure is applicable to children aged 7–12 who are travelling alone. Please contact our call centre on 0888 228 12 12 for more information.
You have selected more than permitted passengers (9). Please select 9 passengers at most
Please enter same number of infants as the adults
PNR is a code abbreviation for the Passenger Name Record. More is known as the reservation number. It is given to you if you have booked or purchased a ticket through the Internet. It consists of letters and number. In short, it is easiest to access your flight information. PNR Number will be sent to your e-mail address when you purchase a ticket.
For a better Flypgs.com experience, please update your browser