Transport in Casablanca
In Casablanca, trams and buses are the most common forms of transportation. There is travel card system in place, as in many major cities. You'll first need to get a travel card and then put money onto it. The city also offers many routes for lovers of long walks.
About Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport
If you fly to Casablanca with Pegasus, you'll land at Mohammed V International Airport, 30 kilometres from the city centre. This busy, modern airport has everything a passenger could need.
To get between the airport and the city centre there are bus, train and taxi services available.
Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport Telephone Number
What to Eat in Casablanca
- Couscous: The city's most popular dish is couscous with steak and salad, which is both healthy and filling. We recommend you try it during your stay in Casablanca!
- Harira: A soup prepared with ingredients such as diced meat, onions, celery and lentils. A very intriguing meal!
- Tagine: Tagine is prepared with various meats and vegetables in special earthenware pots, and is one of the country’s signature dishes.
- Mint Tea: Because Morocco's white city is a very hot the most consumed beverage is refreshing mint tea.
Where to Eat in Casablanca?
- Mohammed Zerktouni Boulevard: If you want to visit the city's most sophisticated restaurants try the side streets on this boulevard.
- Mohammed V Boulevard: There are a host of restaurants on the harbour side of this boulevard. If you want to experience great Moroccan cuisine, we suggest you give them a try!
Important Telephone Numbers
Country Code: +212
Places to see
Must Visit Places in Casablanca
- Hasan II Mosque: One of the world's largest mosques, Hasan II Mosque is one of the most important buildings in the city. The mosque was built close to the harbour and 105 thousand people can worship there at any one time!
- Casablanca Port: This is one of the largest man-made ports in the world, and its layout is truly impressive. Here you can breathe in clean ocean air and enjoy the wonderful views.
- Corniche Area: La Corniche is the perfect place to take a stroll and soak up the atmosphere of the city, enjoy a refreshing drink and relax in one of the many cafes and restaurants, and enjoy the cool ocean breeze accompanied by the view of palm trees.