Transport in Sharjah
While there are buses operating in the city centre, the system is not expansive. Generally, visitors use taxis, which are affordable.
About Sharjah International Airport
If you fly with Pegasus to Sharjah, your destination will be Sharjah International Airport (SHJ), which has been operating since 1932. Since modernization in 2003, it's one of the more affordable airports to fly to in the Emirates.
There are bus services and taxis available to make the 10-km journey between the airport and the city centre.
About Sharjah International Airport Telephone Number
+971 6 558 1111
What to Eat in Sharjar
- Houmous: Houmous, the traditional taste of the Arab world, is one of the most popular snacks in the city.
- Al Machboos: Prepared with rice, meat, dried lemons and onions, this dish is one of the most popular recipes in the Arab world.
- Al Harees: Al Harees, a thickened soup made from meat and wheat, is usually served at weddings and Ramadan meals.
Where to Eat in Sharjah
- Al Majaz: If you're looking for restaurants where you can try local dishes, take a stroll through this area of the city.
- Al Sharq: Al Sharq features impressive city palnning and wonderful places to eat.
- Al Khan: If you're looking for seafood restaurants, head for Al Khan. Here you'll find a host of restaurants, most of which offer excellent seafood.
Sharjah Important Telephone Numbers
Country Code: +971
Places to see
Places to Visit in Sharjah
- Museum of Islamic Civilization: One of the most striking places in the city is the Museum of Islamic Civilization. Here you can see more than a thousand pieces, and history from the year 600 to the present day.
- City Aquarium: You'll find more than 150 different species of underwater life at the City Aquarium.
- Al Majaz Park: If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy nature at any time of day, take a trip to Al Majah Park. You'll also find there are lots of social events taking place here too.
- Al Noor Mosque: We said the city was a legacy of Arab culture, and the beautiful architecture of the Al Noor Mosque is just one element of this.