NOTE: Please visit our page for information on flight restrictions and flight dates due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have taken all the measures for healthy flying and we kindly ask that you follow the related guidelines during your travels. Please click the banner below for more information.
Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Dagestan?
Part of the Russian Federation, Dagestan requires individuals from foreign countries to get the appropriate visa to visit the country. The type of visa for visiting can have two forms. The two forms are often referred to as short-term or long-term visas. In the case of an agreement called a bilateral agreement, the visa requirements might not be applicable for the individuals of that country to visit Dagestan. The citizens of these countries can stay in the Dagestan Republic without exceeding 90 days in 180 days. Individuals from Belarus and South Ossetia are not subjected to visa requirements. Also, there is an electronic visa option for some countries.
Dagestan Visa Types
When it comes to Dagestan visas, you can get different visa types. These different visa types include the following:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Work visa
- Student visa
- Humanitarians visa
- Transit visa
Also, the visa for Dagestan can be divided into three different groups in terms of staying duration. These are single-entry, double-entry, and multi-entry visas.
Type C (Short-Term) Visa
Type C Dagestan visa is mainly obtained for tourism, business, conferences, fairs, and other short-term activities. This visa permits staying in the Republic of Dagestan without exceeding 90 days. The visa application process needs clarification about the purpose of the visit.
Dagestan Tourist Visa
Dagestan tourist visa permits visitors to stay in Dagestan for a maximum of 30 days. This visa is suitable for individuals who visit the country for tourism purposes.
Dagestan Business Visa
Individuals who want to visit Dagestan for business need to get a business visa. This visa can be issued as a single entry visa or a double-entry visa. The business visa enables foreign individuals to stay in Dagestan for up to 3 months.
Dagestan Humanitarian Visa
The humanitarian visa can be issued for cultural events, conferences, and other humanitarian purposes. The individuals who come from different countries must show an invitation letter acquired from the official institutions to initiate the application to get a visa for humanitarian purposes. A humanitarian visa can be issued as a multi-entry for 1-3 years.
Type D (Long-term) Visa
Any foreign individuals who want to stay in the Republic of Dagestan for more than 90 days must apply for a type D long-term stay visa. This visa can be issued to students as well as individuals with a work permit. The artists or scientists need to be approved by the Ministry of Interior.
Dagestan Transit Visa
Any traveller who changes a flight at the international zone of Dagestan airport is required to get a Dagestan transit visa. This visa is issued at most for three days.
General Requirements to Apply for Dagestan Visa
The necessary documents for a Dagestan tourist visa can be found below. Please note that the documents which are necessary and mandatory to make the application for the visa might be of a different kind which depends on how much you want to stay in the country and why you want to visit the country. Always check with the Consulate before making your application.
Dagestan Visa Applications
You need an official passport which can also be an official document for travel that has the space of a black page of at least two pages. The validation duration for the document presented for the visa application which can be either passport or any other official travel document must be at least six months. For the application process, a copy of the first page of the passport or the necessary official travel document must be provided as well as the visas that are previously issued to the document you are using for travel.
- Visa application forms with all the details and signatures.
- Two biometric photos not older than six months.
- Two-way flight ticket.
- Bank account details.
- The letter provided by the employer you are working for, the certificate that shows you are a student from the school you attend, a document that shows you are getting a regular fund for pension.
- Accommodation details such as hotel reservation or letter of invitation.
- Valid health insurance through your entire stay.
- Employment contract
- Bank account statement of the past six months
- Letter of leave
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
For the self-employed:
- Proof of business license
- Bank account statement of the country for the past six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Student certificate
- No-objection certificate from school management
- Pension statement showing the past six months
- Proof of financial resources
- The proof of a sponsor when the applicant cannot support himself/herself financially
Dagestan Visa Rules
The electronic visa issued for Dagestan cannot be used for visiting other regions of the Russian Federation. All the application process for the e-visa is completed online. The application for an e-visa should be submitted at most four days before the visit. The application cannot be submitted earlier than 20 days before the visit.
- For all visa application processes, a biometric fingerprint is required.
- If the traveller holds dual citizenship (Russian citizenship and another citizenship), the individuals must enter and exit the Russian Federation with their Russian passports.
- All travellers must complete an immigration card before entering the country.
- For long-term visa applications, HIV/AIDS tests are required.
- Individuals, who have been issued with passports that were the states of the Soviet Union before, need their passports to make their entrance to Dagestan.
Dagestan Visa Requirements for European Countries
- Individuals with EU member state nationality must get a Dagestan visa to enter the country.
Dagestan Visa requirement for US, UK, and Canadian citizens
- Individuals from the UK, the US, and Canada must get a Dagestan visa to enter the country.
- US citizens with a US passport can apply for a single entry visa valid for three months or a multi-entry visa valid for a total of 3 years.
- UK citizens with a UK passport must make their visa application for Dagestan for the authorized Russian diplomatic missions.
- Canadian citizens with a Canadian passport must get a suitable type of visa (touristic, business, etc.) to visit Dagestan.
Dagestan Visa Fees
Dagestan visa fee may differ for visa type and applied country. However, the current visa fees for Dagestan are as follows:
- Single-entry Tourist Visa: 80 USD Consular Fee + 35 USD Service Fee
- Multiple-entry Tourist Visa: 128 USD Consular Fee + 35 USD Service Fee
Frequently Asked Questions