Grozny’s public transportation system consists of buses and minibuses. Taxis, on the other hand, are preferred for transportation in the city center as they have very reasonable prices.
About Grozny Airport
Using Grozny Airport (GRV), only 5 kilometers to the city, for Grozny flights, Pegasus is offering you a comfortable flight experience which allows you to use online methods for check-in.
Check now Grozny flight fares and find the best dates for your flights. If you are wondering how to get to the city center from Grozny Airport, the answer is in the shuttles and taxis waiting for you right outside the terminal. You may also choose to rent a car.
You will find basic facilities in the terminal building which offers a comfortable waiting area before your flight from Grozny. This is a small yet practical facility.
Grozny Airport Telephone
- +7 (0)871 2224790
What to Eat in Grozny?
- Chechen Pilaf: A rice pilaf prepared using meat and vegetables; this is a delicacy you must try in Chechen restaurants.
- Grozny Dessert: Prepared using poppy seeds and semolina, this dessert is served with whipped cream.
- Gılnış: Do not miss out on gılnış, a local flavor from Chechen cuisine. Briefly explained, a pastry with meat, gılnış is a must try during your Grozny visit.
Where to Eat in Grozny?
- Pervomayskaya: Many of the restaurants and cafés in Grozny are located on this street. You will definitely find something for your taste here.
- Putina: In the most colorful part of the city, you will find Grozny’s restaurants and boutique cafés.
- Aydamirova: Another street to visit when it comes to wining and dining in Grozny.
Grozny Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +7
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 112
- Fire Dept.: 112
- Grozny Airport (GRV): +7 (0)871 2224790
Places to see
Top Destinations in Grozny
- Akhmad Kadyrov Mosque: This beautiful mosque is on top of the list of destinations to visit in Grozny. Built in the memory of Akhmad Kadyrov, president of the state, this religious structure boasts an enchanting architecture.
- National Museum of Chechen Republic: You will learn a lot about Chechen history and culture in this museum.
- Chechen Towers: Chechen Towers are the tallest additions to Grozny, one of the most developed cities in the region. There are lots to discover in this part of the world.