NOTE: Please visit our page for information on flight restrictions and flight dates due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have taken all the measures for healthy flying and we kindly ask that you follow the related guidelines during your travels. Please click the banner below for more information.
Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Oman?
Nationals of all foreign countries are usually requested entry visas in order to travel to Oman whereas some countries are exempted of visa requirements. Make sure to check out online whether you need an entry visa to visit Oman before contacting the authorized diplomatic mission.
Oman Visa Types
Visas for Oman are broadly categorized as tourist visa, employment visa, relative/friend visit visa, family joining/resident visa, investor resident and student resident visa, transit visa. They can be issued as single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry visas for visits up to 90 days in periods of 180 days. Single-entry visa grants one time entrance whereas double-entry visa holders may travel twice in predetermined timeframes and multiple-entry visa allows for consecutive visits to the country. E-visa applications can be processed online while nationals of some countries are eligible to get visa upon arrival.
Type C (Short-term Stay) Visa
Short-term visa is issued for periods that are not exceeding maximum 90 days. All visas can be obtained from Oman’s diplomatic missions authorized in applicant’s country of residence.
Oman Tourist Visa
Oman visitor visa is issued to third country nationals who wish to travel to the country for merely tourism purposes. It is issued for single entrance and visits not exceeding one month from the date of entry. The tourist visa is valid for use throughout a period of six months.
Oman Visa for Business and Fair Visits
Oman business visa is issued to third country citizens who would like to visit the country with the purpose of conducting commercial activities, holding business meetings or engaging in related activities. Professionals and businessmen who intend to join local convention can apply for an Express visa upon the request of a local sponsor. Stamped invitation letter should be provided by the sponsor to explain the intent of travel.
Oman Visa for Visit to Family, Relatives and Friends
Relative/friends’ visit visa is required for third country citizens who would like to travel to Oman in order to visit family members, relatives or friends. A letter of invitation by the person you’ll be visiting is important to support your application process. The visa holder cannot stay in Oman more than three months following the official date of entry.
Oman Visa for Cultural, Sports Activities and Participation to Conferences
Professionals, businessmen or participants of local convention and festivals can apply for an Express visa that is granted for single-entry and upon the request of a local sponsor. Such visa holders can engage in cultural, sports or religious events for stays that shall not exceed three weeks from the date of entrance. Alternatively, Troupe/Artist visa is granted for professionals who wish to visit Oman to perform entertainment shows. Availability of a sponsor who is in possession of approval from certain authorities is requested. Further information on details of the event proved through the entry tickets, relevant bookings or an invitation letter may be required for the application.
Oman Visa for Short-term Education and Traineeship
Short term study visas can be issued for third country citizens who would like to do an internship or take part in an educational program in Oman for short terms. An approval letter/training agreement from the prospective employer or education center shall be included among the required documents for your application.
Type D (Long-term Stay) Visa
Long-term visa grants its holder the right to enter to Israel for periods extending 90 days.
“Student Visa” is issued to foreign citizens who wish to travel to Oman with the mere purpose of enrolling in an education institution. Its holder has the right to enter the country on multiple terms and for periods ranging from one to two years since the official date of entry.
“Employment Visa” is issued for employment purposes upon the official request of the sponsor/employer. It is valid for extension and grants multiple-entry to Oman. However, there are some conditions that must be considered by the applicants of employment visa. Further details can be reached online.
Moreover, “Investor Resident Visa” is applicable for foreigners who seek to venture on investments in Oman. The investments are subject to verification by the concerned authorities. Investor resident visa is valid for six months and the holder is given two-years residence permit upon approval by the authorities.
“Family Joining Visa” can be granted:
- to the spouse or children of a foreigner who resides in Oman and
- foreign spouse or children of an Omani national at his request.
The children must be younger than 21 years old. The status of marriage shall be certified by the Ministry of Interior.
Oman Transit Visa
Oman transit visa is issued by the competent authorities for airport transits at Oman’s international zone. It enables single-entry to Oman within maximum 72 hours. The traveler must have a travel document or passport that is valid for minimum six months after the travel dates, travel tickets and a visa if necessary for the next destination.
General Requirements to Apply for Oman Visa
Tourist visa requirements to travel to Oman can be found below. Please be aware of the fact that the required documents may differ depending on the term and purpose of your stay, hence the category of your visa. Applicants must submit their applications comprising of the requested documents to the Diplomatic Mission or authorized visa application centers in due time. The Diplomatic Mission reserves its right to ask for additional documents.
Oman Visa Applications
- A passport or travel document with at minimum two blank pages, valid for at least six months and for at least 90 days after the end of travel. Copy of the first page including personal data and previous visas if obtained.
- Completed and signed visa application form along with two biometric photo that is not older than 6 months.
- Proof of travel with confirmed both-way tickets.
- Bank account details proving that the passenger can sufficiently fund his/her travel.
- It is important that the applicant does not pose any threat to the public health, security, morals, or the national economy. Hence, the applicant should not be accused or convicted of a crime.
- Evidence of occupation in the form of certified documents through employer letter, student certificate, document of registration or demonstration of pension funds.
- Accommodation details through an invitation letter or proof of your hotel reservation throughout your stay.
- Documentation of travel health insurance that is valid within the territory of Oman and throughout the traveler’s term of stay.
There are specific documents to enclose your application depending on your employment status.
- Employment contract (original certificate of employment indicating the position in the company and the salary)
- Bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Approval letter of leave from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Proof of business license (company registration)
- Company’s bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Documentation of University enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school management
- Pension statement documenting the past 6 months
- Proof of financial resources is nevertheless required
- If the person is not able to finance his/her own expenses, proof of a sponsor is mandatory.
What is Visa Sponsorship for Oman?
Students or unemployed/retired people who are not in a position to cover their own travel expenses will need to demonstrate support from a sponsor who will borne the full costs. The sponsor is entitled to certain requirements including submission of an official letter to declare that he or she will be responsible for the visitor throughout the entire course of the trip. Also, he/she must mention the relationship with the visitor since only first grade relatives can fulfill this position. You can check our website for all the relevant details.
Oman Visa Rules
- Passport stamps of Israel may cause problems for entry into Oman due to boycott applied by the Arab League countries. However, Israel authorities have replaced passport stamps by an electronic gate pass.
- Children of an Omani father can obtain Omani citizenship at birth. Oman doesn't recognize dual nationality so dual passport holders are advised to enter and exit the territory of Oman with their Omani passports.
- Please keep in mind that the entry requirements may change based on decisions of the authorities and it is strongly advised to have solid information from the local diplomatic missions in your country of residence prior to your departure.
Oman Visa Requirements
In addition to above mentioned application documents, general requirements include:
Oman Visa requirements for Non-Europeans
Foreigners can schedule their trips to Oman upon fulfilling the above mentioned criterias to obtain an entry visa that complies with the nature of their visit. You can check out the visa eligibility rules on the online platform.
Oman Visa for European countries
Citizens of the EU member states are requested to apply for entry visas to visit Oman.
Oman Visa requirement for US, UK, and Canadian citizens
UK, Canadian and US citizens are requested to comply with the visa requirements to travel to Oman.
- US passport holders are asked for an entry visa to travel to Oman. There are currency restrictions for entry and exit which amounts to over 20.000 USD. They can apply for tourist visas in advance through the e-visa platform. Tourist visas are also available upon arrival at airports and land crossings.
- UK passport holders that is valid for at least 6 months following the date of return can obtain an entry visa to travel to Oman.
- Canadian citizens should have a valid entry visa to travel to Oman. They should make the visa applications with a valid passport of minimum 6 months after their departure. Alternatively, they can apply for visa on arrival at certain airports or an e-visa in advance.
Oman Visa Fees
The visa fees vary depending on the type of required visa as listed online. Israel visa fee comprises of the processing costs and is non-refundable which means that the rejection of your application will not be reimbursed.
||20 Omani Riyal (approximately 51 USD)
||50 Omani Riyal (approximately 129 USD)
|Relative/ Friends’ Visit Visa
||20 Omani Riyal(approximately 51 USD)
||30 Omani Riyal (approximately 77 USD)
||20 Omani Riyal (approximately 51 USD)
|Family Joining & Family Residence Visa
||20 Omani Riyal (approximately 51 USD)
NOTE: This article was prepared in March 2020. Please check up-to-date information published by official sources.
Frequently Asked Questions