NOTE: Please visit our page for information on flight restrictions and flight dates due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have taken all the measures for healthy flying and we kindly ask that you follow the related guidelines during your travels. Please click the banner below for more information.
Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Ukraine?
Visa requirements for foreigners entering Ukraine encompass application of a visa that complies with the nature of the trip. However, many countries are visa-exempt. Accordingly, citizens of some countries are eligible to apply for electronic visas. Make sure to check out online to learn whether you are entitled to request an e-visa to travel to Ukraine.
Ukraine Visa Types
Different visa types for visiting Ukraine on short-term are generally restricted to tourist, private or business visas. Single, double or multiple-entry visas are given depending on the holder’s term of stay. Visa holders cannot stay in Ukraine longer than 90 days in periods of 180 days. E-visa can be obtained on single-entry terms and for stays not exceeding 30 days. It is issued for treatment, cultural, scientific, educational and sports-related activities. The applications for an electronic visa are processed through webpage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Type C (Short-term Stay) Visa
Short-term visa is issued for predetermined periods that shall not exceed a maximum of 90 days.
Ukraine Tourist Visa
Ukraine tourist visa is issued to third country nationals who are requested to get an entry visa to visit the country for only tourism and entertainment reasons. Tourist visas can be issued in the form of e-visas if the applicant is a national of an eligible country.
Ukraine Visa for Business and Fair Visits
Business visa is granted to third country nationals who seek to visit Ukraine only for business purposes. It may entail the applicant to attend a conference, business meeting or other sorts of commercial activities. Travelers can stay in the country for restricted periods as indicated in their visas.
Ukraine Visa for Visit to Family, Relatives and Friends
Third country nationals who intend to visit family, relatives or friends shall refer to private visa category. The application must be supported through a private invitation from relative or friends. A spouse or children of Ukrainian citizens are asked to submit proof of kinship.
Ukraine Visa for Cultural, Sports Activities and Participation to Conferences
Foreign travelers shall get an entry visa to travel to Ukraine if they wish to participate cultural or sports related events and conferences. An official invitation letter presented on the official letterhead of the registered host organization in Ukraine is obligatory as part of the application process.
Ukraine Visa for Short-term Education and Traineeship
Short-term student or work visa is issued to foreigners who would like to visit Ukraine for education or training purposes. However, they must apply for a study or work visa if the extend of stay is more than 90 days. In any case, an official invitation letter provided by the prospective employer or education institution based in Ukraine shall be submitted.
Type D (Long-term Stay) Visa
Long-term visa ensures the applicant right to visit Ukraine for periods exceeding over 90 days.
Students who would like to enrol in education institutions in Ukraine are requested to apply for student visas submitted through the Consulate with an original letter of invitation.
In case of a prospective employment, applicants shall submit “Employment Authorization Document” obtained by an Ukrainian employer and in the name of the applicant issued by competent authorities.
Family reunion visas are issued in accordance with submission of certificate of marriage with a citizen of Ukraine and proof of kinship. Relatives of a foreign citizen who has residence in Ukraine shall provide proof with Ukrainian permanent/temporary residence cards.
Ukraine Transit Visa
Transit visa enables the travelers to change flights at the international zone of a country's airports on the way to third destinations. However, a visa is not required during transfer through Ukrainian airports. The traveler may be asked to demonstrate an eligible travel document or passport that is valid for minimum six months after the travel dates, travel tickets and a visa if necessary for the next destination.
General Requirements to Apply for Ukraine Visa
Tourist visa requirements for Ukraine are explained in detail below. Please be aware of the fact that the required documents may differ depending on the term and purpose of your stay, hence the category of your visa. The Consulate always reserves its right to ask for additional documents.
Ukraine Visa Applications
- A passport or travel document with at minimum two blank pages, valid for at least six months and for at least 90 days after the end of travel. Copy of the first page including personal data and previous visas if obtained.
- Completed and signed visa application form along with two biometric photo that is not older than 6 months.
- Proof of travel with confirmed both-way tickets.
- Bank account details proving that the passenger can sufficiently fund his/her travel.
- Evidence of occupation in the form of certified documents through employer letter, student certificate, document of registration or demonstration of pension funds.
- Accommodation details through an invitation letter or proof of your hotel reservation throughout your stay.
- Documentation of travel health insurance which will be valid in the country for the entire period of stay.
Additional specific documents may be asked to enclose your application depending on your employment status.
- Employment contract (original certificate of employment indicating the position in the company and the salary)
- Bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Approval letter of leave from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Proof of business license (company registration)
- Company’s bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Documentation of University enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school management
- Pension statement documenting the past 6 months
- Proof of financial resources is nevertheless required
- If the person is not able to finance his/her own expenses, proof of a sponsor is mandatory.
What is Visa Sponsorship for Ukraine?
Students or unemployed/retired people who are not in a position to cover their own travel expenses will need to demonstrate support from a sponsor who will borne the full costs. The sponsor is entitled to certain requirements. Hence, only first grade relatives can fulfill this position.
If the sponsor is an inviting party in Ukraine, a letter of guarantee undertaking the commitments including payment of all costs that cover the foreigner`s stay and exit from Ukraine is requested.
You can check our website for all the relevant details.
Ukraine Visa Rules
- E-visa holders shall shall present it as printed hard copy along with their passport on entry and exit to Ukrainian territory.
- Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Uzbekistan can travel to Ukraine without visa requirements for indefinite stays. Georgians may enter the country with their ID cards.
- Crimea is a disputed territory which was annexed by the Russian Federation following a military intervention in 2014. Therefore, visits to Crimea require a Russian visa. However, Ukrainian government deems entry to Crimea on a Russian visa as illegal entry to Ukrainian territory.Entry to Ukraine after visiting Crimea could be refused or fined.
- Please keep in mind that the entry requirements may change based on decisions of the authorities and it is strongly advised to have solid information from the local diplomatic missions in your country of residence prior to your departure.
Ukraine Visa Requirements
In addition to above mentioned application documents, general requirements include:
Ukraine Visa for European countries
Nationals of the EU member states are exempt from entry requirements to travel to Ukraine for stays up to 90 days within 180 day period.
Ukraine Visa for Russian citizens
Citizens of the Russian Federation do not need to get an entry visa to visit Ukraine for stays up to 90 days within 180 day period.
Ukraine Visa requirement for US, UK, and Canadian citizens
UK, Canadian and US citizens are not obliged to apply for entry visas to Ukraine for short-term visits. A passport that is valid for at least six months after the travel date is required.
- US citizens holding US passports do not have to get entry visas for short term stays in Ukraine.
- UK citizens holding UK passports are not asked to get an entry visa to visit Ukraine until January 30, 2021.
- Canadian citizens holding Canadian passports are not entitled to visa requirements for short term visits to Ukraine.
Ukraine Visa Fees
The visa fee may change depending on the type of visa and place of application. It includes the consular fees. The visa fees that are non-refundable are listed below:
|Single entry visa
|| 130 USD
|Visa for Children Aged Below 6
||Free of charge
NOTE: This article was prepared in March 2020. Please check up-to-date information published by official sources.
Frequently Asked Questions