As a developed city, Kyiv boasts many public transportation options. Get around to all the attractions by hopping on the metro or take a minibus or taxi to get anywhere you’d like. Uber is also very common. Otherwise, Kyiv is ideal for those who enjoy long walks; many central areas are perfect for leisurely strolls.
About Kyiv Zhuliany International Airport
Cheap Kiev flights with Pegasus serve Kyiv International Airport (IEV), also known as Zhuliany for all Kiev flights. Offering comfortable flights with fast check-in, experienced pilots, and short flight times, Pegasus is here to take you on your journey around the world.
Located 10 km from the city centre, Kiev International Airport is a modern terminal featuring free Wi-Fi, car hire services, dining options, and a comfortable airport lounge. Use public transportation or take a taxi to get there from the city centre.
Kyiv Zhuliany International Airport Telephone Number
+380 44 585 7254
What to Eat in Kiev?
- Chicken Kiev: Chicken filet pounded and rolled around cold butter, then coated with eggs and bread crumbs, and either fried or baked is one of the best answers to this question.
- Vareniki: A famous Russian pastry, Vareniki is one of the most sought-after treats.
- Kiev Cake: A delicious dessert featuring hazelnut meringue and cacao.
Where to Eat in Kiev?
- Khreshchatyk Street: A wide selection of restaurants lines the street in the city centre.
- Mechnykova Street: Try out the many Kiev restaurants here.
- Mala Zhytomyrska Street: Look here for cheap and fast dining.
Kiev Emergency Telephone Numbers
Country Code: +380
Kyiv Zhuliany International Airport (IEV): +380 44 585 7254
Places to see
Places to Visit in Kiev
- Zoloti Vorota: A symbol of Kyiv and one of the oldest structures built in Eastern Europe, Zoloti Vorota was built by Yaroslav the Wise, a grand prince of Kiev.
- Monastery of the Caves: Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most important religious locations of the Orthodox Church.
- Khreshchatyk Street: This is the heart of life. Browse the stops and pop in the cute cafés.
- Chernobyl Tour: The bitter memory of Kyiv, the Chernobyl disaster has become a tourist attraction. Visit the town with a tour company to see the aftermath.
- Dnieper River Tour: On the shoulder of Kyiv, Dnieper River offers incredible sunset views.